The other day I had s’mores for dinner. I’m pregnant, so it just happened.
We actually made them all together as a family, and it was so fun. S’mores have been on my summer bucket list and I’m so glad we finally got around to it! Our little 18 month old son stood on a chair at the kitchen island and helped us assemble them (which he loved), then he watched them get toasted in the oven. It was just as cute as it sounds and just as delicious as it looks. I had actually never made s’mores in the oven, but they turned out awesome–as in golden brown marshmallows and everything!
I didn’t think it was possible to make a good s’more without a campfire, but look at how perfect they were! If you haven’t had s’mores yet this summer, here’s my quick, 5 minute method:
Here’s what you need:
- Gluten free graham crackers (we used Kinnikinnik brand)
- Large marshmallows
- Good quality milk chocolate
Here’s what you do:
- Set your oven to “broil”.
- Stack one graham cracker square, a square of chocolate and one marshmallow on a parchment lined cookie sheet. (Repeat for as many s’mores as you want.)
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven. Turn the oven light on and watch the marshmallows. Once they reach desired doneness, remove the cookie sheet quickly. (For a golden brown mallow like you see here, it takes less than one minute!)
- Take another graham cracker square and press it down on each marshmallow to form a sandwich. Let cool for 5 minutes or so, then lean into it!
Happy summer, y’all!